Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 20th October
Simon Jolly, Saad Shaikh
- Headless Pi up and running with libFTDI, ROOT and Apache web server.
- ROOT fitting performance similar to regular Pi.
- Will investigate improving Pi speed with Simeon/Petr.
- Discussion with Connor about stack design:
- Simon has printed first version of new stack design. Will reprint new version with modifications.
- New design introduces small air gaps between modules, but significantly simplifies modular design requirements.
- Discussion with Matt about FPGA and electronics:
- Will go over FPGA design with Matt to debug signals crossing clock domains and suggest other improvements.
- Smaller FPGA development board suggested: USB104 A7.
- Has Zmod connector, which is smaller than FMC but still has enough pins. FMC daughter boards will be produced either way.
- Board footprint is much smaller than Nexys Video and conforms to USB104 standard, so could be stacked with a mini-PC.
- Also has required USB DPTI protocol.
- Worthing purchasing NUC PC to evaluate performance. Currently out of stock.
- UCLH beam test confirmed for Tuesday 2nd Nov.
- Will do final equipment test on Monday 1st Nov.