Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 2nd March
Saad Shaikh, Simon Jolly
- Awarded grant to attend Pisa conference.
- Asked for clarification on accommodation room type and how to claim money.
- Awarded grant for MAPS EDI "Take Bold Action for Inclusion" project with PandA.
- Applied for grant to attend XIX Seminar on Software for Nuclear, Subnuclear and Applied Physics, which has a beginners course on GEANT4.
- Will apply for MAPS travel funding grant to pay for Pisa flights, and CALOR registration and accommodation.
- Discussed revisions to Rev. C board with Marko to correct pin-mapping and heating problems.
- Will hold-fire on manufacture of new boards until some lab tests have been completed.
- Will email Derek and Connor to ask about drilling fibre holes into new 3mm scintillator sheets.
- Progress with GEANT4: implemented scintillator stack and photodiode geometry in fully multi-threaded simulation with visualisation using default material definitions of polystyrene and silicon.
- Simulation scores total dose in detector with protons.
- Next step is to implement realistic proton beam spot size and score dose on a sheet-by-sheet basis.
- Will also investigate building high-resolution Bragg curve.
- Material and scintillation definitions will likely need to be more detailed.