Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 4th May
Saad Shaikh, Simon Jolly
- Provided Simon with dimensions for 48-sheet stack holder to be used with Rev. B boards and CMOS sensor. Stack to contain 25 new clear sheets and 23 white sheets.
- Can do tests with shooting beam from both sides, to verify white sheets not performing well.
- Will see if sheets fit into existing holder, after fibre tests.
- Matt has modified 2 Rev. B boards to fix daisy-chaining issues. Now able to chain 3 boards together.
- Marko has provided editable schematics for FMC daughter boards. Forwarded this onto Matt.
- Sanded edges of 4 clear 2.86mm sheets that were too large to fit in stack holder.
- Some edges of clear sheets have significant machining marks – may need polishing/sanding before beam test.
- Will look into sanding down injection mould marks on 3mm sheets.
- Completed lab LED tests with clear sheets.
- Light levels in each sheet with the same fibre injecting light are reasonably consistent and significant cross-talk observed.
- Will test with white paper, black card and mylar foil.