Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 15th February
Saad Shaikh, Simon Jolly, Raffaella Radogna, Sonia Escribano, Maya Maciurzynska
- With assistance from the Geant4 forum, implemented a new way of counting photons in simulation, giving more physical results and fixing issues with V11.1 and on Apple Silicon.
- Opened a new topic on the forum to discuss best way to collect light in photodiodes.
- Will chase NUVIA for material data, though Ruben suggested there are other people that can be contacted if NUVIA cannot help.
- Stepped in for Simon to give a talk on the QuARC at the MaThRad workshop.
- Tristan Pryer (from Bath) seemed keen to foster collaboration, specifically on implementing a numerical routine for quenched heavy ion curves.
- Got confirmation from Stan that department will be able to provide 3 months additional funding – plan to submit thesis at the end of June.
- Submitted examination entry form via Portico and viva nomination form to Stan.
- Will go over Sonia's notes on the QuARC paper tomorrow.
- Making a start on thesis...