Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 23rd January 2019 (D12/D17, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
MSc Meeting, 23rd January (D12, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Raffaella Radogna, Fernando Franco Felix
- Updated summary of photodiode calculations.
- References Hamamatsu Si photodiode datasheets.
- Will look up texts on CT scanner technology:
- Completed To Do list and organised completed tasks by month.
- Contacted Caen to connect HV supply via ethernet: USB working but not ethernet.
- Has Nikon D7500 camera: will install software on DAQ laptop.
Proton Calorimetry Meeting, 23rd January (D17, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Raffaella Radogna, Laurent Kelleter, Ohie Mayenin, Saad Shaikh, James Golbourn
- Gave talk on Quality Assurance in Proton Beam Therapy.
- Will expand information on daily QA.
- Get Alison Warry to put JG in touch with Håkan Nystrøm.
- Working on plotting 3D dose distribution from patient QA detector in ROOT.
- Successfully plotted 3D data: now need to plot 2D intensity distribution side by side.
- Will attempt to alter plots to convert from energy to range.
- Put together rough draft of poster for PPRIG.
- Working through ATF2 BDSIM example:
- pyBDSIM script doesn't work: SJ suggests contacting Laurie Nevay.
- Visualiser not working for BDSIM GUI: will test on SJ's Linux PC.
- Writing paper on quenched Bortfeld formula.