Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 26th November 2019 (D17, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Laurent Kelleter, Raffaella Radogna, Saad Shaikh
- Updates about last two weeks activities
- TOPAS simulation (not priority)
- 10 scintillator sheets painted. Paint dryed for 4 days. Two of them look sticky after using optical gel.
- TO DO
- polish with paste
- measure painted scintillator sheets
- setup the DAQ PC to use CAD and design the scintillator box.
- Analysis of cross talk data
- Set up an experiment at UCL to measure the cross talk with LED
- DIscussion about Birks constant
- Will run simulations to check the effect of resolution on the Birks constant
- In the future we will run an experiment to measure Birks constant.
- Familiar with the quenched fit and B fit of simulated data
- Will learn how to analyse real data
- Will ask Cham who to contact from RAL.