Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 22nd April (Everyone is working from home)
Laurent Kelleter, Saad Shaikh, Raffaella radogna
- Provided feedbacks to Laurents phd Thesis, from ch 3 to 7
- Readed all the posts in the DDC264EVM forum and DDC1128EVM forum
- will collect all the usefull posts and settings in a twiki
- Will reply to Marko email about the new board design
- Will be implementing SOBP fitting routines, testing on HIT April ’19 data.
- Noted that SOBP fitting won’t be perfect, due to narrow readout strip from detector.
- Implementing further improvements to code, absorbing additional constants of model into TF1 objects to reduce number of interface functions.
- Advice on learning GEANT4 simulation
- Go through GEANT4 examples to identify different components of a simulation.
- Should be able to extract and analyse four curves from simulation: PDD, PDL (photons counted at production or counted after propagation to scintillator edge) and histogram of proton stopping depths.
- Rebuild Laurent’s simulation from ground-up to enable multi-threading and to hopefully fix detector geometry redefinition bug.
- Long-term investigations of 2D beam size and dose scoring of secondary particles could be interesting.
- Nuclear model implementation to be discussed with Raffy soon.
- Showed some preliminary results using Oxigen beams
- the range reconstruction uncertainty is 0.5mm
- Birk's constant results are much different from proton results. This will need further optimisation. The Oxigen peak is too sharp to be fully resolved with 3mm scintillator sheets.
- Is writing his PhD thesis
- Will reply to the QuARC paper review this week