Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 9th June (Everyone is working from home)
Simon Jolly, Saad Shaikh, Raffaella Radogna
- installed Windows 10 Enterprise using Bootcamp and creating a partition
- is writing a draft for a fellowship proposal to be discussed with the BEAMS team at UCL
- started reading Laurent's remaining chapters
- will install Vivado on the Windows partition and start learning FPGA programming
- Presented on I/O signals and operation of TI DDC232CK based on datasheet information. Slides available here
- Will work on creating serial UART interface project.
- Need to find out how to create a 10MHz clock from a 125MHz clock.
- Obtained PSUs, adaptor and cabling for front-end board/FPGA/PC set up. CosyLab have shipped front-end board.
- Heard back from Electrical Engineering about accessing ELEC0028:
- Provided textbook 'Digital Design and Computer Architecture' for background reading.
- Pending confirmation of access to Moodle page.
- Will be striking on 10/06/20 for Black Lives Matter.