Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 28th April
Simon Jolly, Raffaella Radogna, Saad Shaikh
- Met with Simon last week to take detector measurements:
- Measured stack thickness and recorded sheet order for UCLH beam test.
- Briefly tested cross-talk with UCLH setup – little to none observed.
- Investigated source of noise "pulsing" observed during UCLH beam test, results record in this page.
- Pulsing largely due to external electronic noise from 50Hz mains.
- CMOS sensor amplifies external noise.
- Grounding detector enclosure significantly reduces noise, even in lab conditions.
- Software developments:
- Added argument to all plotting routines to set y-scale range. Setting to 0 sets the default range.
- Added argument to averaged replay script to set the averaging rate (separate to frame rate).
- Added argument to stepped replay script to choose which measurement to start from and the number of measurements to replay. Last measurement persists on screen.
- Live plot and fit can now accept background and shoot-through measurements to plot calibrated data.
- Calibrated data written to file accessed by Bortfeld page on web GUI.
- Completed analysis of photodiode data from UCLH beam test, results discussed in this presentation.
- Due to signficant electronic noise, better not to do background subtraction.
- Best fit results came by not performing any correction of pulsing observed from electronic noise.
- Fit results similar for high and low current results. Should be able to do direct comparisons with CMOS sensor.
- Wrote macro to read reference curves from UCLH. Emailed Andy asking for required x-axis offset to compare with measurements made in detector.
- Will analyse CMOS sensor data for next week.