Electronic Log for Fern Pannell
Measuring the Range of Proton Therapy Beams
Dr Simon Jolly, Prof. Ruben Saakyan
- Submission Deadline: 17:00, 28th October 2020
- Splitting the review into sections on Cancer Biology, Cancer Treatment, Proton Therapy, Quality Assurance, QuARC, Project Outline and Timeline.
- Literature Review Submission
- Feedback Received 3rd December 2020
Progress Report & Interview
- Submission Deadline: 17:00, 18th January 2021
- Progress Report Submission
- Submission Deadline (Interview Slides): 9:00, 11th January 2021.
- Interview Scheduled: 15:00, 13th January 2021.
- Interview completed with Jenny Thomas, went well.
- Presentation Slides
Final Report & Presentation
- Submission Deadline: 17:00, 12th April 2021.
- Presentation Date: 11:50, 2nd June 2021
- Requested to deliver an accelerator physics module and research task for In2Science 2021.
- Will develop Proton Therapy and/or Novel Acceleration content for delivery in July.
- Invited to deliver a lecture for the UCL Science Centre lecture series.
- Will most likely produce a presentation on accelerator physics and their applications (with a focus on PBT on the medical side).
- Registered with the IBA Dosimetry Clinical Presentations Hub.
- Following the series "Best Practice and Experience about Dosimetry and QA Solutions".
- Enrolled on MPHY0038 "Treatment with Ionising Radiation" with Gary Royle as term 1 elective.
- Completed online course with Lund University, Sweden. "Medical Applications of Particle Accelerators".
- Covered Radiotherapy, LINAC, Proton Therapy, PBT Accelerators, Heavy-Ion Therapy, Radionuclides.
- Attended IBA Dosimetry ESTRO Webinar "Innovation & Evolution in Radiation and Proton Therapy Quality Assurance".