Proton Calorimetry/Experimental Runs/2016
The following experimental runs were made in 2016:
- Give short explanation of the purpose and results.
- To obtain energy-to-range calibration measurements with a calibration wheel used by physicists at Clatterbridge with detector module comprising a 2" PMT and new PS-based scintillator.
- To obtain data cross-checking measurements taken with the wheel to that taken with PMMA blocks of equivalent thickness at the same location, and further upstream at the modulator box.
- To record total dose delivered to the new PS-based scintillator for radiation damage and hardness considerations.
- To record waveform data with new LeCroy HDO6104 oscilloscope.
- To record neutron measurements with the large 8" PMT hexagonal block module.