Proton Calorimetry/Experimental Runs/2021/Apr22
Noise tests of UCLH beam test setup in D109/D27.
Aim: Investigate source of external electronic noise observed at UCLH by measuring dark noise in lab/office with CMOS sensor turned off/on.
- D27 is an electronically noisy lab whereas D109 is a quieter office (though still not a perfectly shielded environment).
- Test 2 DDC232 boards coupled to scintillator stack.
- CMOS sensor coupled to scintillator stack on perpendicular face.
- Both CMOS sensor daughter board and DDC232 Nexys Video board in detector enclosure.
- In all runs, an integration time of 170us is used.
- Video steps through individual consecutive acquisitions at frame rate shown. Each frame represents 170us in time.
- Histogram of one photodiode also provided. Expect to see clean gaussian shape if no external noise is being picked up.
- Signal photodiode shown for Run 14.
- Note the absolute value of the y-scale, which differs in some clips.
Videos and thumbnails saved in /unix/www/html/pbt/wikiData/movies/DDC232/210422
|1||D27, CMOS on, 350pC|
|2||D27, CMOS on, 12.5pC|
|3||D27, CMOS off, 350pC|
|4||D27, CMOS off, 12.5pC|
|5||D109, CMOS on, 350pC|
|6||D109, CMOS on, 12.5pC|
|7||D109, CMOS off, 350pC|
|8||D109, CMOS off, 12.5pC|
|9||D109, CMOS on, 12.5pC. Detector housing grounded using ground pin of FPGA. Grounded using optical breadboard inside detector.|
|10||D109, CMOS on, 12.5pC. Previous grounding seemed ineffective. Now grounded by attaching clip to metal on outside face of detector enclosure.|
|11||D109, CMOS off, 12.5pC, grounded.|
|12||D27, CMOS off, 12.5pC, grounded.|
|13||D27, CMOS off, 12.5pC|
|14||D27, CMOS off, 12.5pC, grounded, LED. LED pulse of 1MHz, 6V height and 500ns width. Injected into single scintillator sheet coupled to photodiode 16.|