Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meeting, 11th January 2017 (D17, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Laurent Kelleter, Adam Knoetze, Matthieu Hentz
- Clatterbridge simulations: now running 1 million events:
- Split simulations and submitted to batch farm: reduced simulation time from 24 hrs to 30 mins.
- Will look into longer simulations using different batch farm queues.
- Updated beamline construction with second dose monitor.
- Will put together diagram with coordinates, dimensions and materials to send to Clatterbridge to check dimensions.
- Will also collate results to send to Carsten Welsch at Liverpool for review.
- Finally dividing scope waveform files successfully: each waveform is 2,502 lines ie. 1000.4ns.
- Converted data files from August and November: all correctly split up.
- Python conversion script runs much more quickly (<10mins).
- Using this data as detector emulator input:
- Poisson distributed signal rate.
- Constant, actual rate.
- Will take waveforms from 20kHz dataset:
- Normalise magnitudes and overlay waveforms to check variation with amplitude;
- Use only waveforms with amplitude above 70% of max to compare large amplitude waveforms;
- Calculate "ideal" waveform for input to digitiser.
- Simulation took too long when simulating full internal reflections:
- Always constant fraction that arrive at photodiode.
- Will check photodiode position with single layer.
- Also looking at energy deposition as a function of depth in fine detail:
- Steps appearing in the middle of each layer...
- Still investigating origin of error...