Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 29th/30th January 2019 (D12, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
MSci Meeting, 26th February (D12, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Ohie Mayenin, Saad Shaikh, Raffaella Radogna, Jeremy Ocampo
- Looking into optical light production from Cherenkov and scintillation in Geant4.
- Struggling to implement realistic photon production with phase space file: SJ suggests contacting Ben Morgan <firstname.lastname@example.org at Warwick.
- Will start looking into spatial distribution of light production and photon counting: also conversion between light production and dose.
- Not attending courses: easier doing coursework remotely.
- Checking scale factors for comparing Caen and LeCroy spectra.
- Looking into peak signal size to compare different PMMA thicknesses.
- Writing first draft of final report: should send to SJ in a week.
- Issues with Clatterbridge BDSIM simulation: odd results from some runs but not others:
- Magnet field strengths arbitrarily changed.
- Beam loss at some quadrupoles.
- Jacinta is investigating.
- Preparing for Clatterbridge trip on 28th Feb.
- Almost finished consolidating PBT setup scripts for CEntOS 7.
- Will discuss with James Chappell about integrating BDSIM setup.
MSc Meeting, 27th February (D12, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Fernando Franco Felix, James Golbourn, Raffaella Radogna
- Met with Alison Warry and Andrew Gosling at UCLH regarding daily QA:
- Mainly interested in spot position, size and repeatability; range secondary.
- Using Sun Nuclear DQA3: cheap (£8k) but functionality poor.
- Several questions still outstanding: will arrange to meet again.
- Will add links to ELog for IBA devices and QA papers.
- Reply received from Hamamatsu.
- Some calculations not clear: SJ will chase up.