Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 26th August
Simon Jolly, Saad Shaikh, Raffaella Radogna, Fern Pannell
- Mostly writing report – should finish first draft by the end of the week/early next week.
- Gave feedback on Raffy's fellowship application.
- Speaking with Marko about potential fixes for new DDC232 boards:
- Ability to manually disable on-board LEDs.
- Removal of resistors in inputs and mapping of DDC232 inputs to match physical order of photodiodes.
- Daisy-chaining DDC232 not as obvious as originally thought – made a post on TI forum asking for clarification.
- Wrote macro to convert CoolTerm saved FPGA output to single-line CSV file that updates continuously. Webpage code on Raspberry Pi will access file for live web-based plot of photodiode data.
- Need to test CoolTerm and CSV macro on Raspberry Pi with Fern and see if new 3D-printed bar fits in DDC232 board.
- Will go to UCL on 27/08/20 to test this and maybe pick up a Raspberry Pi.
- Matt Warren suggested that light CoolTerm alternative can be made in Python using pyserial library.
- Fern to look into this after webpage code, CoolTerm and CSV macro are working.