Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 2nd December
Simon Jolly, Raffaella Radogna, Saad Shaikh, Fern Pannell
- Took further measurements at UCL with Raffy using DDC232 board. Office measurements still noisy, so need to figure out how to shield electronics.
- Will take light measurements at home using UV torch.
- Created live version of Laurent's ROOT quenched Bragg fit – tested with data from HIT April 2019 converted into hexadecimal format to simulate photodiode data.
- Can achieve roughly 3.5 FPS if binned fit is not chosen.
- Will see if macro can be optimised further.
- USB interface will require using libftdi on Windows, in order to use ILA for debugging while capturing data. Currently unsure if this is possible.
- Will compare readout speeds of DDC232, DDC316 and DDC118 for full size detector, assuming 1:1 photodiode to input mapping.
- Laptop has been purchased using Raffy's hardware grant. Simon still happy for me to keep it. :)
- Remaining £1k from HEP could be put towards a laptop later down the line.
- Need to get Java file outputting dummy data straight into a directory on the HEP server
- Should make debugging the GUI code easier; behaves differently with local data