Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 22nd February
Simon Jolly, Saad Shaikh, Fern Pannell
- Added standard deviation error calculation to FTDI averaging process, writes errors to an additional line in CSV file.
- Multithreaded FTDI code to optimise DAQ speed using 3 threads. With an integration time of 170us and 4 DDC232 boards, average time between measurements is typically 172us, down from about 200-210us.
- Will meet with Clive and Izzat on 23rd to discuss daisy-chain problems on DDC232 board.
- Will assist Fern in setting up libFTDI on Raspberry Pi early next week.
- Created poster for HEP summer school.
- Will spend most of time this week working on pre-HEP School problems.
- Start button changes to Restart upon click.
- Buttons for Bortfeld and Quenched Bragg curves appear once Start is clicked.
- Need to investigate how to add and remove data sets in Chart.js, then integrate this functionality into the JS buttons.
- Still need to trial plotting a curve with >>16 points (static CSV file first).
- Work with Saad to set up libFTDI on Pi.
- Test Apache server. Will need to install Java on the Pi to test Apache server with dummy data.
- Second Imperial Interview with RAL PPD scheduled.
- Invited to interview for UCL HEP and Birmingham.