Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 17th March
Simon Jolly, Raffaella Radogna, Saad Shaikh, Fern Pannell
- Small efficiency improvement to FTDI code, optimising writing of averaged values and standard deviations to file.
- CSV file format is now a column of: average value, standard deviation.
- liveFit now also writes (x,y) points to output CSV file.
- Benchmarked FTDI code on Raspberry Pi, approximate average time per acquisition below:
- 170us with collecting and converting to hex
- Hiccups with writing hex to file, 180us roughly. If no hiccups, keeps up with 170us
- 530us with calculation of decimals for measurement record and rolling average, but not writing hex data to file.
- 650us with calculation of averages and errors at 50Hz, but not writing hex or average values to file.
- 750us with everything
- Largely working on HEP summer school this week and next week.
- Invited by Spyros to give a seminar for PART sometime in May.
- Will meet with Clive tomorrow to further discuss daisy-chain problems.
- Running the GUI locally has been successful with the http-server.
- Dummy data is generated by running the java file that writes to the local CSV to be hosted by the server.
- The http-server is launched in the directory containing the GUI files, available on the IP and port details given in the terminal.
- Cache clearing problems with Chrome, so typically the GUI performs better on Safari.
- Running http-server -c-1 will prevent cache issues in Chrome.
- Apache is built in to MacOS, should now explore hosting the GUI with this instead.
- Requires changing the directory apache serves from by editing the configuration file - having difficulties with this currently.
- Will reach out to HEP support this week.
- LibFTDI set up on a new Pi.
- Slightly different installation process compared to last time.
- C++ code compiles so the installation was successful, however a connection with the Nexys Video cannot be established.
- Will investigate this further, update Pi software, new cabling etc.