Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 15th April (Everyone is working from home)
Simon Jolly, Laurent Kelleter, Saad Shaikh, Raffaella radogna
- Has texted texas instrument about the wall power supplier and was suggested a 1A AC cupplier, imput voltage between 7 and 10 V.
- Is working on the 26channels prototype data tested with LED:
- The code is committed in the following repository https://github.com/rradogna/BraggFit/tree/master/BraggFit
- Candlestick plots implemented, as provided by the EVM software. Preliminary results shown presentation
- Tested quenched Bortfeld model on PDLs of He and C from HIT April 2019 data, results shown in this presentation.
- Reached out to Adriana Mariani about HIT FLUKA ddds for He and C but forwarded onto Thomas Haberer and Thomas Tessonnier, pending response.
- Reading into extensions of Bortfeld model to incorporate nuclear interactions. Current best option involves acquiring tabulated data for fragmentation cross-sections of ions. Michael Kramer or Thomas Haberer should be contacted. Will do this after acquiring HIT FLUKA ddds for He and C.
- Will spend remainder of this week familiarising with GEANT4 simulation.
- Writing his PhD thesis
- Received reviews fro the QuARC paper and will implement the comments
- Will share his github repositiry to allow Raf and Saad to keep track of the updates
- He is also working on the comparison of the PDL calibration curves from Back-Front-average shoot trough data and Front-only shoot trough corrected by simulations