Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 7th October
Raffaella Radogna, Saad Shaikh, Fern Pannell
- Delivered transfer talk and completed mini-viva.
- Passed upgrade!
- Will have feedback session with Jim on 9/10/20.
- Completed Upgrade and 12-month research log entries.
- Fixed bugs and improved DAQ – using buffer size on CoolTerm equal to number of bytes per measurement cycle allows CoolTerm to keep up.
- Added support for daisy-chain in FPGA and plotting code (assuming photodiode-resistor-input map of current prototype boards).
- Tested daisy-chain of current boards – doesn't work (as expected).
- Informed Marko of desired changes and Simon signed off on production of 4 more boards.
- Tested photodiodes on detector with LED - low signal level observed and noise increases with integration time.
- Nexys Video board has arrived, will start testing this before holiday.
- Will be on holiday for weeks beginning 12th and 26th October.