Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 13th January
Simon Jolly, Raffaella Radogna, Saad Shaikh, Fern Pannell
- Further investigation of daisy-chain issue in 2nd DDC232 prototype. Still unable to diagnose the problem.
- Test mode and slowing down DCLK does not help.
- Unclear if "copying" of data across boards is exact.
- Added a few slides to last week's presentation.
- Will attempt shuffling board order to see if that helps.
- Will organise meeting with Marko.
- Optimised data transfer from FPGA to PC using FTDI chip.
- Time taken to send data from FPGA to PC is negligible compared to time taken to shift data from DDC232 to FPGA.
- Each board in chain adds a 0.494 MB/s requirement to data transfer speed.
- Will now work on sending data from PC to FPGA over FTDI chip and C++ framework to save data to file.
- Updating equipment page on DDC232 with information on Nexys Video and new USB interface.
- Laptop has arrived and is excellent :)
- When confident that everything on new laptop is working, will do a clean install of Big Sur on DAQ laptop.
- MSci progress meeting with Jenny Thomas went very well!
- Progress meeting presentation.