Every year there are several PhD studentships avaliable to work in the ATLAS group at UCL. The studentships will be offered in one or a combination of the areas we work on:
- Studies of the Higgs boson.
- Searches for new physics beyond the Standard Model.
- Precision measurements of Standard Model processes.
- Creating, optimising and calibrating algorithms to recreate the particles created in the collisions.
- Technical upgrades to prepare the ATLAS detector for the more intense conditions of the High-Luminosity LHC.
- Data intensive science.
If you would like to like to discuss these opportunities further please contact Gavin Hesketh, who can provide further details and arrange for a discussion with an academic who works in your favoured area.