UCL Dragonfly Day
The UCL Physics and Astronomy Department, in association with Headstart EDT is hosting a masterclass style event specifically to encourage more girls to continue studying science past GCSE. The first Dragonfly Day will take place on the 29th March 2011, registration for this event has now closed.
Exact titles and timings are yet to be finalised but a rough schedule is indicated below.
- 09:30-10:00 -- Registration
- 10:00-10:40 -- Prof. Matthew Wing, Particle Physics
- 10:40-11:20 -- Dr Ryan Nichol, Physics in Antarctica
- 11:20-11:40 -- Break
- 11:40-12:20 -- Dr Francisco Diego, What the stars have done for us: from astrology to astrophysics
- 12:20-13:00 -- Dr Sarah Bridle, Seeing the invisible: Measuring the dark side of the universe
- 13:00-14:00 -- Lunch (bring your own)
- 14:00-15:40 -- Group Activities, Tours and Demonstrations
- 15:40-16:00 -- Close
The event will be taking place in the Physics and Astronomy building at UCL. Registration will be in Physics E7 which is on the ground floor of the physics building. Instructions on how to get to UCL Physics and Astronomy can be found here. To get into the building you need to enter through the main gates from Gower Street.
For further logistical information please contact Ms Christine Johnston