Each year we offer a diverse choice of Ph.D. topics from our broad range of activities.
For Ph.D.s starting in October 2017, we expect to recruit students for the following projects, with additional positions subject to funding. STFC positions are available based on the STFC eligibility requirements. Those marked "EU" are generally open to any UK or EU student who has been living in the EU (incl. UK) for the last 3 years. Students eligible for STFC projects are also eligible for EU projets unless otherwise noted. Please contact us in case of any questions.
- Studentships for data analysis on the ATLAS experiment at the LHC. These positions are funded through the prestigious new Data Intensive Science initiative recently awarded to UCL (STFC eligibility).
- One Ph.D. position to work on lepton flavour violation experiments mu2e and mu3e (EU).
- Two Ph.D. positions to work on the CHIPS neutrino oscillation experiment (EU, positions available to start earlier than October 2017).
- One studentship funded by MCnet to work on ATLAS, Rivet and Contur (open to UK and EU students who have not been based in the UK).
- One position to work on particle physics theory, with an emphasis on beyond the Standard Model (EU).
- At least one Ph.D. place to work on Dark Matter (EU).
- Up to three STFC position to work on any of the following:
- We always welcome exceptional students interested in any of our research topics to apply for any of the international studentships such as the GSRS, CSC or any other. However, it is important to contact us early to apply for these (December 2016 at the latest).
Interested? Then apply now! And when completing your application, please state if you have a strong preference for any particular research area.